People primarily use the Indian Ration Card to obtain subsidized food and non-food items from ration shops. It is regarded as a very important document for people to obtain necessary items at a low cost, as well as an important identity proof. Ration cards are used throughout the Public Distribution System.
Extreme Poverty Level ( Antyodaya) – It is issued to people who are financially weaker as compared to other classes. The government provides essential commodities at the lowest possible cost to such people.
Above Poverty Line (APL) – These cards are given to people who fall between the poverty and middle-class levels. The government is not required to provide essential food items at subsidized prices under this scheme.
Below Poverty Line (BPL) – Individuals are given food to families who are below the poverty line under this scheme. As a result, the Indian government subsidizes essential food grains.
The Planning Commission of India defines these poverty lines every few years.
Even if a person does not use it, it can be used for identification purposes, such as at a passport office, an RTO, and so on.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for a Permanent Delhi Ration Card?
These are some of the requirements for obtaining a permanent ration card:
- One must be a permanent resident of Delhi.
- If a person is applying for a new ration card, he or she must not have an existing card.
- He or she must provide proof of income when applying for the APL and BOL ration cards.
- People who have recently married must apply for a new ration card.
To apply for the Annapurna Yojana, a person must not earn money through any medium and must not be receiving pension money from a state or federal government pension scheme. Essential Documents Required for Obtaining New Delhi Ration Cards
The following are some documents that must be submitted with applications:
- Whether applying online or offline, the applicant must submit a passport-sized photograph of each family member, which must be attested by a Gazetted officer.
- He or she must provide proof of residency, such as a telephone bill, an electricity bill, a bank passbook, or a house rent receipt.
If a person does not have any residential proof, their application must be approved after a proper verification by the circle officer by taking statements from the two localaties.
In this article, we will explain how to apply for a new ration card. In addition, we have described the eligibility criteria for people who want to obtain a ration card. Individuals may also apply for other documents such as an employment card, a shramik card, a birth certificate, and so on.